Saturday, June 18, 2005

We're outta here!

Tomorrow we are leaving for our little Eastern Europe jaunt. I am exteremely excited and happy, although admittedly a little nervous.It's just great to be getting away for a reasonably substantial length of time, going to places I've never been that fascinate me, and doing the whole backpacking/travelling thing that I've missed so much in the year since my last proper trip. It's a bit scary to be going somewhere where I speak literally none of the language, and, I suppose, somewhere that is seen as quite volatile, although it is definitely pretty safe to go there (as I keep reassuring people whose first reaction is 'isn't there a war there?') But it will also be very very interesting, very very different, and, I hope, good fun. Provided we don't get too horrendously lost or mugged or kidnapped or something..... Which I'm sure we won't. Hopefully we will also manage not to argue too much as well, since I think that's the real risk. Graeme hasn't done this sort of travelling before, so I hope he can hack it. I'm sure he will. He's not exactly a wuss so it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, I am going to continue making lists and packing and getting train times of the internet and generally being exteremely excited in every way. I am such a geek when it comes to travelling, I love every little bit, even getting to the airport. And getting snacks for the journey. And making lists of things to see. And everything really. I feel all giddy and silly! Which is quite nice really. Perhaps I will try and post in this blog whilst I'm away, although it won't be much because i think we will have more exciting things to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home