Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Dreads!

Well, it took months and months of wanting but trying to make sure I really wanted, followed by 3 days of tortuous backcombing, but I am now the proud owner of a head full of dreads...



Actually, not quite a full head since this morning I realised that several at the front were just crap and combed them out (they were so crap they were combable), so I'm now waiting for Graeme to get a free moment to re-do them. But still...bit of a change hey? I am pleased with them, though have been through several moments of 'what the hell have I done?????', and I know that they are going to take a hell of a lot of work to get good. I've not yet braved the outside world with them, that should be interesting...will people look at me weird? Think I'm a pretentious twat? (I'm not!) It will be fun, anyway. God knows what my mum will say...I'd prefer not to think about it.
My lovely friend Caroline spent a full 2 days sat in my living room backcombing my hair, for which I will be eternally grateful, even if some of them are a bit crappy! Bless her, that's a long time to spend knotting your mate's hair. It is not the most fun process, but we watched lots of daytime TV and cooked nice meals in between the combing. I think she will forgive me!
Before (what an horrendous photo...but how shiny my hair is! Oh, my beautiful hair! Gone forever!)

Spiderhead!

Oh, just delightful...


So, it is done(ish). Hopefully the front few will be really lovely, and hopefully they will get done before the meeting thing I have to go to at 12 tomorrow. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home